Friday, April 26, 2013

April Wrap-up

Hello world!!!

I hope each of you are doing well as we head into this weekend.
We are nearing the end of the month and the start of a fresh one.
As we slowly wind down there are so many items we need to take note of.
We've had several recurrences of breast cancer posted and shared.
We've mourned the loss of many and have shared in the loss and cried our tears together.
There are so many woman that not getting their mammograms or doing their monthly self-checks and that is very disheartening.  I've expressed many times that early detection is the most common manner in which the cancer is detected.  So I can only continue to encourage you all to do your self checks.  Encourage your friends and family to do the same.  Use the community resources that are available to get your mammograms done. 
Join our face book monthly event - I Great news - many of the various organizations in this fight are sharing information about updates and breakthroughs in the research.  I will share as much as I can on the blog and Foxs Trotters' face book page.  This is fantastic news because we all can use the insight to stay informed.
Each day there is a family that experiences a crisis of some kind and I'm no different. For me it has altered my thinking and will impact my actions.  It's always different when it hits close to home and is knocking on your door and I'm no different.  I've committed myself to this fight and here is where I will be.  But, as of Tuesday, it hit me smack in the face.  I need to focus on the day to day of life and enjoying those moments with those I love because they can be taken in a second.  Whenever you think that the situation you're in can't get any worse, lo and behold you are proven wrong as was I. 
I'm at the point that I'm no longer overly concerned about getting the donations.  If and when they come is great and if they don't that is great as well.  it doesn't alter my passion, commitment or dedication to this fight.  I took a look around and noticed that I'm not asking for donations as much or as often.  Pretty much everyone that knows me knows what I'm doing and I put it out there.  So even when you don't see it, the need is still there.
Moving forward I need to let you know that although an individual is cancer free, there are other illness that come upon them that stems from the initial diagnosis.  So check and stay healthy - your entire body!
Those that love you, care about you and depend on you don't want to accept or hear anything negative in regards to your health.  So if not for them, do it for yourself.

Get your mammograms, do your self-checks and get an annual physical.
You are worth it!

I will end this here and wish you all the best that HE has in store for you.

I am My Sister's Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment