Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 - A little goes a long way

As each day goes by and it gets closer to the great mountain descent  of 60 Miles, I'm continuously awed by all the positivity surrounding me.
When items planned and discussed actually come to fruition, the feeling and impact is exciting and can be overwhelming.
I'm enjoying the show of support and belief that others have in me and this journey that I've taken on.  It doesn't always show itself when I want to see it, but when it does - it just blows my mind. This year has given me the opportunity to take a retrospective look on my approach to this journey and all that it entails. I'm already planing on what to do moving forward and what I can eliminate to enable me to have the most impact.
Today I was asked to walk with a new walker in another state. Talk about being touched.  Keep in mind, that by no means am I financially set, but I'm willing to do all that I can to help another walker that wants to do something.
I encourage you to think of a woman that you want to support, acknowledge and the name you want to shout from the rooftop.  I want to know her story.  I want to let others know that there are actually women and families we're supporting and walking for.  It doesn't matter where they are, the color of the skin, background or age.  If they have received a diagnosis, they deserve to be celebrated, honored and acknowledged.
Breakthroughs are being made everyday and we want it to continue.  Diagnoses are being made everyday and we want it to end.  We all have a vital part to play in our lives and those of other women.  Please join us in any way that you can.

I am My Sister's Keeper
Nichelle

Comment if you want to acknowledge someone so we can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment