Friday, June 22, 2012

Our hope, your dream and my plea


I realize that in life each of us face a challenge that we need to overcome and breast cancer is a life altering challenge that takes you on a journey of another form.   Breast cancer touches more than just the person with the diagnosis.  All those that are close to this person are devastated because no one thinks it can happen to them.  The whirlwind of activity that follows a diagnosis is overwhelming.  
When I began this journey long ago breast cancer was a quite secret.  It was a personal matter that wasn't discussed.  I know this personally as my family has been touched.  When my godmother got a diagnosis, I didn't know until after she had undergone a double mastectomy.  I was not there to lend her support, a shoulder, an ear or otherwise.  No one should have to go through this alone.   Thankfully today, due to all of the advertisements and open dialogue people are beginning to talk about it.  From those discussions, we are finding more and more women are being diagnosed more frequently than ever and beginning to talk about it.   They are doing the unthinkable, sharing their stories. 
For every 8 women, 1 of them will receive a diagnosis.  That woman could be your daughter, sister, best friend, coworker, a young mother or even a young woman that has yet to start a family, it could be YOU!   How many people are impacted by that 1 woman in her group of 8?  Far too many!
I walk, educate, advocate, support and fight for all those that aren't able to do it for themselves or others.  I walk to tell the world that we need to Do Something!  I walk so each  of our children can have the ability to live in a world free of breast cancer.  
I ask you because I know you want the same thing.  I ask because I don't want to wait until someone close to you receives a diagnosis.  I ask so there will soon be one day that I won't have to ask.   Being passionate about this fight is my journey.  Being there for someone in need is my journey.    
This is not just my fight, this is EVERY Woman's fight! 
So right here and right now, I'm asking you to make a donation to help us make this possible for all of us.   I care, I can I will


You have the power to make this journey an inspiration to others.  
 I truly hope that each of you don't have to make the decision between a breast or life or death.  Be a part of the conversation, share your thoughts.
  Every woman deserves a Lifetime!

I am My Sister's Keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment