Saturday, May 26, 2012

Over Flow

Joy is filling me up til I feel my cup is overflowing.  I have so many wonderful pieces of news to share with you.  A few weeks ago I made a pledge to get out more and be involved in some of the groups that I belong to and actually meet people face to face.  I can proudly say that I have held up my end.  The month of May has been so busy. 
     Initially, I went to a meet and greet at Soul Purpose with Carolyn Grady.  It was a ton of fun.  I met some women that I'd only interacted with online but it was our first face to face.  The women there were taking care of one another  in their communities.  Ronice Powell helps to put together single mothers monthly meet-ups to empower one another with items and services donated. I met Felicia Bryant who is involved with JOC.  I had no idea what that was but soon found out. 
     I went to a Sassy City Chicks Affair similar to a trunk show and enjoyed the opportunity to be out mingling with others as they offered their products to us.  Yes, I did pick up a couple items. :) 
     Felicia Bryant invited me and I went to a JOC - Joy of Connecting Event and I was surprised to find out that I was the guest presenter.  I played it cool and did what I do best, talk.  It was a great arena to meet other businesswomen supporting and promoting their businesses.  I had a wonderful time and started the process of relationship building. 
     The best part of that event, after I spoke about my passion of advocating for women, other women began to share their stories.  It was amazing to hear them share their pain, strength and support of their loved ones on this new journey.  Another affirmation, that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be, reaching out to the community. 
     Finally, I attended a Ladies Spa Night held by Terri Clay down in Atlanta. Talk about fun, it was fun and filled with goodies.  I met lots of wonderful businesswomen, strong women that were fulfilling their dreams.  I had the pleasure of speaking with them learning about their businesses and to express the importance of educating themselves about Breast Cancer and getting them involved in my advocacy.  I got an extremely great compliment, when someone stated I don't work for an organization connected to breast cancer and she why not.   
Then to top it off the night, I won a raffle item - a item from Lady Jay's Flavor Boutique! The dress is amazing and I was totally surprised by the win.  


     I'm onto the next phase and following up.  I'm connecting on a more personal level.  The responses are coming in and I'm feeling good about it. 
My hope is to continue as the next month rapidly approaches so I can continue to build relationships and raise awareness.   
This month, I have heard so many stories from people were comfortable enough in my space to share and that is priceless.  I'm in a place where I can continue to make an impact in the lives of those that have been touched.  
I could go on about the people I've met and I will in another post. 


Do what you need to do that makes you feel good. Love up on yourself for a little while.   If not, I'll have to do it for you. 


I am My Sister's Keeper.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for attending The Joy of Connecting-Douglasville. We were all blessed by your knowledge and sincere committment to your cause. I will continue to support you. I'm so glad you accepted the invitation to attend Terri's event too. You deserved that dress cute dress.

    ReplyDelete