Thursday, February 2, 2012

The need is real!!

These past two days, there has been so much talk, yelling, screaming and controversy around the recent decision by Komen to stop funding Planned Parenthood.  I realize that the funding was in the form of grants to provide services in impoverished neighborhoods and communities.  An official statement via a video was made and publicized today.

I initially signed a petition to encourage Komen to return the grant funding.
Yet, although I feel that support from all organizations to provide a viable resource to communities they serve and those in which they are located. I initially was shocked.
After thinking about it, I realize that there are so many resources, viable resources from which women can obtain services in and around their communities.
There is no one but the board of an organization that makes the decisions about how organizations will grant their funding.  there will be many people upset about it and probably just as many that were upset when they found out Komen was funding Planned Parenthood.
Plain and simply you just won't be able to please everyone all the time.
How does this impact your decision to donate or not?
The fight is still legitimate as is the diagnosis!
The need for a cure is still real!
We need your support as more today than we did before.
Please find the compassion for another in your heart as I'd ask everyone to do it for you.
I don't care if you donate to Komen, Relay for Life, American Cancer society as long you provide the much needed support.
If you choose to donate to support my efforts, I'd appreciated more than you'd ever know.
Take a moment and visit my page, the3day.org/goto/nichelle

I am My Sister's Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment