Sunday, October 13, 2019

SHEROS are We

It has been a long time since I've posted here. 
For that I apologize.
So much has happened in the time that I've been gone.
I'm excited to be back and will share with you in another post the happenings in my  absence.
Today is an amazing day solely because of the fact that -
We Are Doing It!!!
This year I decided to do something different as I'm no longer able to participate in raising awareness by walking.  This year I've started a Breast Cancer Project with the sole purpose to provide smiles for survivors and let them know people care.
As I work on this project, I've met some amazing individuals that have shown so much compassion by giving and sharing their own stories.

I wanted to give individuals an opportunity to donate a tangible item to those on this journey and help organizations create smiles for it's recipients.  Hence the Care Kit.
These gifts are multi-functional as they contain items that can be used and once finished the pouf can still be used.  By adding a personal note, it makes the gift more personable.  The recipient knows that it came from someone that cared enough to give them a smile and a little bit of Hope.  I think knowing that an unknown person cared enough to show a bit of compassion will have more an impact.
I set a target of getting 50 Care Kits donated and we are well on the way to meeting this target!
When I say I'm excited that is actually an understatement. I'm blown away daily by the response to it.
Although the goal hasn't been reached yet, we're not far off.
Those of you that know me, know that I acknowledge the month for what it is. I make it a priority to  share awareness everyday
Be strong
Be fearless
Be kind
Be compassionate
Be a friend
Get your mammogram and encourage a friend to do hers as well.

Glad to be back!

If you want to join this project, please do.  Care Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment