Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Gift

Happy New Year!!
I happily entertain the joy of yet another day.
I sit here on this dreary Sunday happy to exist as there are far many that aren't as fortunate.
I'm sharing with you, that I've begun my ongoing journey in the fight against breast cancer and those that are on it. Every year, I send out emails and host events to support these endeavors with the hopes of helping those that are in the trenches in the fight of their lives.
I ask for donations in every form imaginable, but usually  in the monetary form.
This year will be no different except for the amount in which I request.
I'm asking you to donate $40 this year.  That is actually $10 each month over 4 months.
I've already pledged that this is my year of selflessness, that I will donate 50% of  my Stella & Dot business proceeds towards this efforts.  I can't ask of others what I won't do myself.  I ask you, because I know that you would want someone to ask if it were you.  I'm being transparent by choice.  There is no secret in the reasons as to why I do what I do nor to the depths I'll go to make it happen.
Each and every one of us is doing the best we can with what we have to get what we need and of course those things we want.
I only wish that I had that ability and I could fully support all my endeavors but this one especially.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will receive a receipt for their taxes.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will be helping countless people fighting their diagnosis.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will be helping countless people that are taking preventative measures.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will be helping countless people fighting this disease receive supportive measures needed during and after treatment.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will be helping countless families get available support to maintain their families.
Every person that chooses to make a donation will be helping countless people.
If you are one of these people that chooses to make a donation, you will be helping me to do what I can to make a difference in the lives of countless people.
If you are one of these people that chooses to make a donation, you will be helping me to walk in this fight against breast cancer.
If you are one of these people that choose to make a donation of any amount, i am very appreciative of that donation.
Your donation doesn't have to be large or exceed what you can realistically afford to gift.
Your donation doesn't have to be made at one time.
Your donation has to be given from your heat.
Your donation has to be something that is within your financial means.
Your donation is a gift to countless people that are in dire need.
Every month I will share an update as to developments on my activities, walks and fundraising efforts so that you're always kept in the loop.  A person that chooses to make a donation needs to know that they are appreciated as more than just a donor. It is my best efforts to share with you the benefits of your gift.
I take on this journey because there are countless people that are suffering.
I don't claim to have all the answers, but this is me doing my part.
I don't claim to know your story, but this is me asking you too help.
I hope you stay with me as this is the start of a long ride.
I invite you to share with me as I will with you.
I invite you to reach out to another that is on this journey, take a moment to sit and listen.
I invite you to make the appointment to maintain your best health.
If you are one of the individuals that chooses to support my efforts in this fight, you can donate online by clicking this link My Gift .  This is not about the organization or the group, it is about those that DID not choose to have a diagnosis.
Thank you in advance for any and all that you choose to do.

I am My Sister's Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment