Friday, January 6, 2012

A Letter

I got your letter today.
I can't imagine what it must feel like to be you.
I'm at a loss for words to express the emotions swirling in and through me.
I hurt for you as I know that what you're experiencing is ever life changing.
I sit and recall the talks we shared about our dreams and what we would do in our lives.
I remember the carefree smiles and laughter in our faces and hearts
I remember being there when you got the news
We cried together and alone.
We shouted at the world and the doctors that they must be wrong.
I sat with you as you experienced the pain and the suffering of the treatments
I cried as you slept, just worn out and seeking some relief
I was there when you awoke and gave avery weak smile.
I was there to give you  your last bubble bath as you were to weak to do it.
I know tomorrow will never be the same
I will never be the same
I wrote out your plans for your ceremony.
It was beautiful, just like we planned
I miss you.
I miss being able to laugh with you and share new memories.
The hole that is there is so big that often times I feel as though I'm falling in.
What am I to do without you?
I wish that I could have saved you.
I wish that it would have been me instead.
I wish for many tomorrows as  relive all the yesterdays.
I wish there was a cure...

I am My sister's Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment