Saturday, July 24, 2010

An amazing experience

I am traveling this journey of 60 Miles in 3 Days to help Find A Cure. 
Each day is a new experience. Today was quite the experience thus far. 
I met so many people that have been touched by Breast Cancer, brain cancer, ovarian and others. 
To see so many individuals, families groups of supporters that have the will to survive and win shows that living life can be stronger the than the desire to just give up. 
I can add this one to my many reasons for walking and wanting to help find A Cure. 

The people I met today weren't showing their fear, anger or despair, they were celebrating life, the time that they have been given to continue to live another day, fight the unending fight. They are truly remarkable people.
The individuals and teams out, alone as individuals, together as a team and as an entire community, for each has a story to share that bonds them all. 

Look around you, if you can say that you don't know anyone that has been touched by cancer, you are truly blessed. If you're not able to do that, then you have a reason to help Find A Cure. 

Today I met some remarkable individuals, 2 months, 5 years, 20 years survivors that are living the life that there were told they would not live to see. They are beating the odds and sharing it with anyone that is interested to hear their story. 

I ask you again, to take a moment and consider the options you that you can face and would prefer not to. All it takes is a few key strokes and you're done unless you want to do more. 
Donate to help end this thing. 



Events like the Expo and the Festival further solidify my commitment to the cause and hopes for a positive outcome sooner than later.
I can't understand with rhyme or reason why it has to be so difficult to develop a cure and for individuals to see the need to donate. 
All you have to do is sit quietly and listen to the stories and you will want to do something to help out.  the strength and courage that is shown survivors and their support network is no small feat.   it is indescribable the emotions that you experience just by listening. 


I've made my pledge and I will stand by it as long as I'm able and upright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment