Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Path

There are many people in this world that are in need and many live in the community. Some are seen and many others aren’t because they are not the people that you expect to be in need. Perception is the leading factor of the seen and unseen individuals that are in need the most. Doing what you are led and not want you want can be very daunting, overwhelming, emotional, misguided, ill-spoken and lonely. It takes a strong person to persevere and to stay the path.
Today I watch a show/documentary called “The Starfish Throwers", and it led me to follow what is in my heart and on my mind constantly. It affirmed to me that I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing in this life, right now and it’s okay. Far too often you want to have supporters in your corner believing in you and cheering you on to success. Sadly, many don’t want that for you as they don’t have it for themselves. It is disheartening that you have to stand strong in what you want to do. Knowing all to well that the impact of human kindness towards another in any small way is far greater than disappointment you feel when you realize how alone you truly are. I admit it isn’t easy and every day is a challenge of sorts, where is the money coming from, the energy, the items, the much needed support, the courage to ask, the ability to continue to swallow the Nos, the items that are needed, this is what no one thinks of when in the midst of it all. I was touched to view all these people young and old doing what they have been led to do. They have not been deterred no matter has been placed before them. Each of them overcame life’s obstacles to move forward to continue to make an impact in the lives of others. I commend each of them as they have made a HUGE impact in the community near and those afar.
Compassion and humane acts are actions that are inspired by love not notoriety. Your acknowledgement comes in the form of a smile, a hug and sometimes a Thank you. At the end of the day that is all that is needed if anything at all. Your hope is that is has a ripple effect and many can reap the benefits of compassionate acts.
I’m honored to be on this path and knowing that I am impacting the lives of others. To those that are on a compassion and humane act, I commend and Thank you all for doing what you do to make an impact in the lives of your fellow humans.
Stay the path and know that your work is not in vain or in isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment