Thursday, May 10, 2012

Another Angel

Although the sun is shining brightly in my part of the world, my heart is breaking off another lil piece. 
We fight the diligent fight and we refuse to give up. 
Should we give up, it might have been just a little further to go and reached the peak. 
Some days are more difficult to bear than others.
Today is one of those days. 
the news if often overwhelming in a negative, yet we have those moments although fleeting to jump and scream from the peak! 
I got word today and I've included it here about the loss of another fighter.  I will be adding her name to those we will continue to walk in memory of. 
I also know of another young mother that has received word and her diagnosis.  I will be adding her name to those we will continue to walk in honor of. 
We know it doesn't have to be a diagnosis of the end of life. 
We don't want it to be a diagnosis of the end of life. 
We want to make it word of a new journey into a different aspect of life. 
We want to make it unheard of. 
We want to make it disappear. 
We want to make it so that no family, woman, mother, or daughter has to hear those words. 
We can't do it without you. 
Take a moment and vow alongside us to do all that we can to Make a Difference and fight this fight in any way that we can.

"Another Pink warrior received her wings this week. RIP Dorothy Chase. Our prayers go out to your family. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you in person, but if your daughter (my 3 day teammate and friend) is anything like you, I'm sure you were an amazing woman, that many looked up to and few could hold a candle to. Please say a prayer for Dorothy's family and if you are participating in the Philly race for the cure on Sunday...please add her to those you walk for...Thank you!"


So as we embrace the sun that is shining, we are also allowing tears to be shed in the wake of another set of wings.  


We can do this. 
We will do this
We will win! 


I am My Sister's Keeper 

No comments:

Post a Comment