Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wealth of Resources

I took a chance today,
I went to a Breast Cancer conference held by Sisters By choice,Inc.  This is the same group that holds the Pink ribbon Walk in Piedmont Park. I had no idea as to what to expect, yet it was very informative.
I met the renowned Dr. Phillips and some of the board members and heard several doctors in the field present based on their respective fields.
It was held in the quaint little village neighborhood amidst  the community that receives their services.
I gained a lot of information and hopefully made some connections to be able to provide a similar conference here in Marietta.
There was a very large number of women that were survivors in the 3rd quarter of their lives and the questions posed to each physician was relevant and though provoking.
If I had one piece that I took away from this conference it would be, No woman is alone on this journey unless she chooses to be.
Yes, sometimes and right now we do have to travel out of our comfort zone to get the information.  But it is out there.  If you're willing to work with me, we can provide and bring a network here in our area.  We need to be able to gain support and services locally that we can access without having to travel long distances or skip it altogether.
I will continue to share the information learned at the conference especially that which relates to the state of Georgia, it is going to blow your mind.
Please take advantage of any and all facilities that are providing mammograms this month.

If you'd had your mammogram or once you get it during this month, comment here or message me.
I'd like to prompt at least 20 women to get it done.
I might have to give you an incentive too.
Just something to think about.

I am My Sister's Keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment