Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Honor and a Privilege!!

Today was quite an emotional one for me. 
I was asked to carry the Celebration flag during Opening Ceremonies and was so amazed, that it brought me to tears. 
I'd often wondered how they went about selecting the individuals to carry a flag, what did you have to do, etc. Then low and behold I got this amazing request. I still don't know the answer and probably won't get one, but just to be asked was just mind blowing for me. 
It took a moment for me to comprehend the email and the responsibility and honor of this request. 
I of course was overcome with lots of excitement and if you know me personally, that's is a LOT of excitement in this lil body. 
I DEFINITELY know that I WILL WALK!!
Sally and I trained in the dark or morning on sunday and completed another 5 miles. That puts me a little closer to my training goal of 200 miles. I will be there before the walk for sure. 
We had another walker join our team today. Welcome and we are now the 3 musketeers!! 
I need to get some rest as tomorrow is a double dip on training after work. 
I will keep you all abreast of any ground-breaking news as it occurs. 
The cheering stations have been posted!! If you are in the area, come on out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment